Launched on June 2, 2011, Schema.org is an initiative Bing, Google and Yahoo! to provide a vocabulary (a collection of concepts and their properties) to be used by web masters to markup web content in ways recognized by major search providers. Search engines will rely on this markup to improve the display of search results, making it easier for people to find the right pages they search for.
While creating Schema.org markup from plain HTML might be painful for beginners and time consuming for everybody, this wiki will help you to easy get Schema.org markup for the most used concepts of Schema.org.
What you can do
- Click on any type below and you’ll get immediate help to create your web content!
- Register and contribute with new examples! Start concrete discussions helping others to understand how to use what to use, where to use and who uses these concepts
- Send us an email with your case!
Commonly used concepts
- Creative works: CreativeWork, Article, BlogPosting, Book, Movie, MusicRecording, Recipe, TVSeries …
- Embedded non-text objects: AudioObject, ImageObject, VideoObject
- Events: Event, BusinessEvent, ChildrensEvent, ComedyEvent, DanceEvent, EducationEvent, Festival, FoodEvent, LiteraryEvent, MusicEvent, SaleEvent, SocialEvent, SportsEvent, TheaterEvent, UserInteraction, VisualArtsEvent
- Organizations: Organization, Store, GroceryStore, …
- Individuals: Person
- Locations: Place, LocalBusiness, Restaurant, TouristAttraction, Residence …
- Items: Product, Offer, AggregateOffer
- Ratings: Review, Rating, AggregateRating
- Google’s blog post
- Bing’s blog post
- Yahoo!s blog posts
- Schema.org at Wikipedia
- Schema.org Discussion Google group