This Page Semantic Annotations
- type = http://schema.org/CreativeWork
- name = image
- url = http://getschema.org/index.php/image
- inLanguage = en
- discussionUrl = http://getschema.org/index.php/Talk:image
- publisher = http://binarypark.org
- publishingPrinciples = getSchema:About
- dateModified = 2012-12-07
- interactionCount = 1,661,036
- version = 1282
|Domain = Thing|
|Range = URL|
|Cardinality = 0..1|
URL of an image of an instance of a type. However, notice that Schema.org defines also an ImageObject type used to describe images.
You can annotate an image just by adding the attribute
itemprop="image" to its markup. Remember, because image is a property defined by Thing it is inherited by all Schema.org types.
<img itemprop="image" src="http://farm1.static.flickr.com..." alt="Moon and Saturn"/>
When annotate an image as above you should have in mind that this image is a visual description of the entity you annotate. Typically, this entity is defined by the first ancestor HTML element that defines an itemscope attribute (usually this element defines also an itemtype attribute).